September 30, 2011
How can you know someone so well, and think about them constantly- but have not a single word that is fit to describe the way you feel towards them? How is that you have nothing to actually say despite your only desire being to speak with them? A simple 'hello' would not suffice to explain the extent to which they plague my daily mind. But anything deeper would also be far too large a statement, a sign of commitment which I am not willing to make. I sit staring at my phone hoping that it will ring with a message from this individual- but I personally would never send the message because I wouldn't know where to begin. What are the chances this very person thinks about me in the same capacity?
My better judgement would point to them feeling the exact same way, but expressing it in a completely different manner. Like all other girls, I spent the other night sitting up in bed, thinking of how I would respond if this person were to randomly send me a message. And at the very moment I was imagining this.. it happened. So obviously I did the next logical step- I completely ignored it, and went to sleep.
How is it that we sit longing for each other to send that message- but we never respond once its sent? How is it that two people can realize, and feel, the exact same way as the other- but stay apart at the same conclusion? We both realize how much we care, but neither of us are willing to make any move to alter our situations current status. Is that a fear of commitment, or a fear of something larger? A fear that we will lose the fragment of what's left of us? And is that fear of losing 'us' actually the reason for our ultimate demise?
Both our silent stands against a motion to come together slowly pull us apart. Will you ultimately become a memory of someone I used to care for? A time I used to enjoy? Or only a feeling I can not replace, but one that I am sure I miss?
My head is screaming at me that I'm holding on to the past. Nothing beneficial can come from what I think I want. It's telling me that I have everything I've ever wanted in front of me- except the only thing my heart wants is you. When should you stop listening to your head, and listen to your heart? And which is correct? My head, looking out for my heart- or my heart, which wants what my head does not understand?
Posted by Carly Cristman at 12:25 PM
September 26, 2011
Watch the video to see the products I purchased this month && the full review!
1. 'Sex Bomb', Lush: $6.99
2. L'Oreal Lift in Nude Beige, Target
3. Garnier Rollerball, Ulta
4. "They're Real!" Mascara, Benefit, Ulta
5. White Eyeliner- Napoleon Perdis 'Montreal', Target
6. Lancome L'Absolu Nu, 'Petal Pink'
7. Blush- Estee Lauder, 'Peach Nuance'
8. Nail Polish- Butter London, 'Fash Pack', 'Diamond Geezer', Nail Foundation
What I'm Wearing:
1. Shimmer Scarf- Express
2. Black && White Crystal hoops- Express
3. Black headband- Walgreens
4. Silver polish- Butter London, 'Diamond Geezer'
5. Pink lipstick- MAC, 'Hue'
6. Foundation- MUFE HD
7. Mascara- Benefit "They're Real!"
8. Eyeshadow- Naked Palette, 'Virgin' highlight and 'Naked' crease
9. Ring- Druzy ring, Shopnbc.com
10. Black Sparkle Cuff- Windsorstore.com
I tried to edit this video a little differently- let me know if it was more helpful to watch or if you have tried any of these products out!
Posted by Carly Cristman at 11:51 PM
September 21, 2011
What I'm Wearing:
1. Black Tights: c/o Windsorstore.com
2. Black Cami: c/o Windsorstore.com
3. Sweater Dress: Alice&Olivia
4. Black Pumps: Michael Kors
5. Hook && Eye Belt: c/o Windsorstore.com
6. Fabric Headband: Walgreens
7. Sunglasses: Target
Foundation: Boots No. 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation mixed with-
Highlighter: Lancome Eclat Miracle
Concealer: Garnier Rollerball (Sheer brightener)
Shadow: Urban Decay Virgin and Naked
Mascara: Benefit They're Real!
Lips: MAC Hue lipstick && Smashbox Petal gloss
Nails: OPI 'Quarter of a Cent-Cherry'
Posted by Carly Cristman at 4:24 PM
September 15, 2011
What I'm Wearing (Linked Where Available)
Look 1- Comfy Cute
1. White V Neck Tee: Target, Size: M
2. Grey Cardigan: gift from Gina
3. Studded Belt: Patricia Field
5. Charm Necklace: Random Charms gifted from PickUpSticks.net && Gina
6. Patent Boots: Stuart Weitzman, Size 9
Look 2- Dress it Up
1. Black Boyfriend Fit Blazer: Von Maur, Size: S
2. Silver Sequin Heels: Nine West, Size 9
Same Tee, Jeans && Accessories as Outfit 1
Look 3- Change Your Shirt!
1. Black Tank: Stem, Nordstroms. Size: XS
2. Plaid Scarf: Burberry
4. Ankle Boot: Pour La Victoire, Size 9
Same Jeans && Cuff as Outfit 1
Look 4- Cropped, Even When Cool
1. Cream Tank: Haute Hippie, Size: XS
2. Tuxedo Sweater Jacket: Free People, Size: S
3. Ankle Jean: c/o David Kahn, Wash: "The Fixx"
4. Legwarmers: Ruehl
5. Riding Boots: Michael Kors
6. Rose Cuff: TJ Maxx
7. Leather bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Look 5-Show Off Your Shape
1. Grey Tee: Victoria's Secret PINK, Size: XS
2. Sweater Jacket: H&M, Size: S
3. Beaded Belt: Anthropologie, Size: S
4. Pencil Jean: c/o David Kahn, Wash: "The Wanderer", Size: 25
5. Ankle boot: ALDO, Size: 9
Look 6- Classic
1. Peach Suit Jacket: Chanel, Size: 38 (Small)
3. Nude Pump: Steve Madden, Size: 9.5
Look 7- Make A Scene
1. Sequin Jacket: IRO, Size: S
2. Faux Leather Jean: c/o David Kahn, Wash: "Black Chameleon", Size: 24. Can be found at Jimmi Skoul's
3. Ankle Boot: Forever 21, Size 9
Nail Polish worn in pictures: Essie "Ladylike"
Nail Polishes worn in video: Chanel "Graphite" && "Peridot"
What I'm Wearing in the video:
Dress: Ella Moss
Nails: Essie "Ladylike"
Foundation: Boots no.7 Mousse foundation
Powder: Lancome Dual Finish
Lipstick: Lancome L'absolu Nu Pale Pink
Eyes: Look from this video
Blush: Rock && Republic "Shameless"
Click the video down below to see each of these looks, why I paired each item with each other and style tips for all shapes:
Be sure to check out David Kahn's site if you're interested in any of the jeans shown in this post/video!
Posted by Carly Cristman at 2:46 PM
September 7, 2011
Metallic polishes have always been my favorite, but they're also a huge trend this fall. Chanel's 'Peridot' has been talked about literally EVERYWHERE- so I decided to see if it was worth the hype! I picked up that color as well as 'Graphite', a metallic charcoal. (Charcoal is one of my favorite polish colors, so I had high hopes for this polish!)
Here are the polishes while in the bottle. Peridot is a duochrome with green and gold colors, while Graphite is a charcoal/steely gray with very, very refined glitter. I'm actually NOT the biggest fan of glitter polishes (Which I'm sure will surprise most of my viewers who are aware of my sparkle obsession)- I prefer a straight chrome shine. I was instantly a little wary when I saw HOW glittery the polish appeared in the bottle, but I thought I'd give it a try.
I took a picture of graphite both inside and outside in natural light to show just how different this polish looks in different settings (the same with the below pictures of Peridot). These colors look completely different when inside versus outside in sunshine. I LOVE them in natural light- inside they are nothing special. In sunlight you see just how multi-faceted these colors are, while inside they look flat and almost grain-y. Thankfully the glitter is not true to normal glitter polishes with chunks and being difficult to remove- it's so finely milled that its actually a part of the polish itself. I love how liquidy the shine appears to be in the sunlight, but it sadly does not look that way at all times.
Here is Peridot under the same settings. Peridot has been the most raved about polish color this season, so imagine my disappointment when I didn't experience instant love with the results. Outside the color is a beautiful metallic olive, a shade almost neutral yet special enough to love. Inside the color is an awkward combination of gold, green and even rust at certain angles. To me, the flat coloring resembles a mood ring like the kind I had when I was in middle school. I feel very juvenile wearing this polish unless it's hit by a bright light. I feel like this polish is a cult favorite with people potentially raving about it since others are raving so highly of it- or maybe I am really just the only strange one who doesn't enjoy the lava lamp-esque glow on her fingers.
My overall review of these polishes is that I LOVE the colors they are when they're hit by direct, intense light. These polishes shine outside in sunlight, showing off their true dimensions, colors and glitters- but inside, for me, they fall flat. Maybe I had higher expectations since each bottle cost $25- but for that price, I think I'm allowed to wish for the best.
Hopefully this review helped if you too have been hearing the overwhelming amount of raves for these polishes- let me know if you've tried them and what you think!
Posted by Carly Cristman at 3:57 PM